You should wait for 21 days to allow the pH level of the concrete to lower. Painting over brand new concrete will cause pH to build up behind the paint and cause blistering. Once the 21 days have passed, apply the APCO PoolKote Chlorinated Rubber finish following the instructions.
Poolkote 2 pack epoxy pool paint allows you the protection you need for your pool and it resists wear and tear from sand, feet, automatic pool cleaners and so on.
“2 pack” means it’s a resin and hardener which are hand mixed together.
An “Epoxy” is: “Thermosetting resins capable of forming tight cross-linked polymer structures characterised by toughness, strong adhesion, and low shrinkage” and “refers to a two-pack paint or glue. The paint or glue is particularly hard or strong as the two-pack system contains a curing or hardening agent so that when the two packs are mixed together there is a chemical reaction between the packs rather than a simple drying or evaporation”.
With high build two-part epoxy coatings we can create a non slip surface using fine sand on steps etc or slopes as needed.
For Domestic Pools there are examples of it lasting past 12 years easily and for Commercial Pools at least 5 years is common place. In general Poolkote 2 pack epoxy pool paint is applied to a prepared surface it slowly wears away. It does not chip, flake or peel as a rule, which other paints tend to do. So the thicker the coating the longer it will last all else being equal. We recommend using more material on high wear areas like steps, swim outs and beaches etc, so they last longer.
(1) Quality – Coatings manufactured with high performance ingredients cost more but in the long run they will out perform lower quality less expensive pool coatings.
(2) Enduring Gloss — Offers the stain resistance that keeps your pool looking good and easy to keep clean.
(3) Fusion Bonding — A “fusion” bond allows fresh coat to melt into old paint, providing ONE single layer of inseparable paints paint film on the pool. (very important under water)!
(4) Film Integrity — long term inner strength of paint film achieved by using super strong resins (and a lot of them) that can resist chlorine, acid swings, submersion, UV damage and moisture.
(5) Experience — A company that has a long history of success in swimming pool paints with coatings that are time tested and performance driven.
Poolkote 2 pack epoxy pool paint can be applied to the following surfaces after suitable surface preparation: concrete, render, fibreglass, marblesheen, pebblecrete and painted surfaces. Fibreglass (but not Acrylic) spas come up well with Poolkote 2 pack epoxy pool paint .